The women featured in the Lancôme My Shade My Power Campaign In Nigeria include architect Tosin Oshinowo, PR Exec Andrea Giaccaglia, Yetty Williams -Founder of Lagos Mums, Betty Irabor -CEO Genevieve magazine, Elohor Isiorho, Lisa Folawiyo, Waje, and more all highlighting the 40 shades of foundation in Lancome’s Teint Idole Ultra Wear,
by Rachel Ogbu
In case you missed it, recently, Lancôme unveiled a campaign celebrating women and diversity through its Teint Idole Ultra Wear foundation. The campaign part of its worldwide crusade is tagged My Shade My Power.
It comes at a time when more brands are espousing the feature of real women in their advertising and channelling women empowerment.
In this new venture, L’Oreal’s Lancome definitely branched out to promote high achievers from all works of life. The new ambassadors feature fashion stylists, beauty influencers, entertainers, media executives and businesswomen.
Speaking to Glam Brand Agency founder Bola Balogun; it was a meticulous task selecting these women to represent Lancome. They are just not representing the launch of a new foundation line but they are representing hardworking women everywhere. “It is important women of all colour know they are respected and they are validated,” she said.
Glam Brand Agency who won the account has done well to use social media to champion the course. Through that avenue, we see how the diversity and influence are being communicated.
We note that the campaign highlights the ladies talking about their career rather than their appearances. They do mention in the end what their Lancome shade number is and rhetorically asks; whats yours?
Bola adds that: “It is a historical day for African women and I’m happy to be part of the team that brought it to fruition. The world’s biggest luxury beauty brand recognises the importance of diversity in advertisement and consulted my company to create the First luxury beauty campaign in Africa. A special thanks to all the remarkable women in the campaign.”
The campaign sought to celebrate African excellence with the 46 changemakers featured while introducing the 40 shades of Teint Idole available to the African market. Lancôme chose a wide variety from a Justice, to a pilot, to a reigning beauty queen, wealth coach, brand specialist, etiquette coach, and architect as some of the faces to redefine beauty in Africa.
Here is the list of the newly unveiled brand ambassadors for the Lancôme My Shade My Power Campaign In Nigeria (we will update more on their profiles as they are released.)
- Zina Anumudu -Founder of The Style Concierge
- Yemisi Wada -Lawyer and Founder Haven for the Nigerian Child Foundation
- Oyinkansola Fatima Momoh -Image Consultant and Founder Muslimah Style Guide
- Bola Atta -Group Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications, UBA
- Ngozi Princewill Utchay -Founder/CEO, Artelier Lifestyle Consultants
- Sonia Irabor -Writer, Editor Genevieve Magazine
- Veronica Odeka -Stylist, Luxury consultant, Beauty Director & Founder of Vane Polish
- Yetty Williams -Founder of Lagos Mums
- Chizor Malize -Personal Brand Expert
- Betty Irabor -Speaker, Author, Entrepreneur. CEO Genevieve magazine
- Elohor Isiorho -Model Agent / Luxury Event and Wedding Planner
- Omilola Oshikoya -Africa’s Wealth Connoisseur and Author
- Elizabeth Osho -Entrepreneur and Communication Strategist, So.Me Solutions
- Adenrele Sonariwo -Art Curator, Gallerist. RELE Gallery
- Lisa Folawiyo -Founder & Creative Director Jewel by Lisa & Lisa Folawiyo Studio.
- WAJE -Singer/Song Writer
- Jane Michael Ekanem -Fashion Entrepreneur and Founder of Jane Michael Collection
- Latasha Ngwube -Founder of About That Curvy Life/Editor at Large Vanguard Allure Magazine/Host of Hot topics with Latasha
- Mazzi Odu -Fashion Writer & Editor, Magnus Oculus. Former Editor At Large BellaNaija Style
- Ezinne Alfa -Beautypreneur and Editor-In-Chief Beauty in Lagos.
- Omoyemi Akerele -Founder and Executive Director of Style House Files
- Abisola Kola-Daisi (Abi KD) -Luxury Entrepreneur CEO Florence H Boutique and AKD Lifestyle
- Andrea Giaccaglia -PR Executive
- Tosin Oshinowo -Architect
The foundation is an oil free, longwearing, natural matte foundation that creates a velvety-smooth complexion for up to 24 hours. It is medium to full coverage, and was made for those ultra-long days where one does not have the time to retouch their makeup.
Formulated with color-true NAI pigments, it maintains the skin’s pH level so that color stays put all day long, without caking or creasing. Plus, it’s infused with perlite and silica to ensure that excessive oils are absorbed, leaving behind a shine-free velvety matte complexion.
It took the Lancôme labs 8 years of research to develop this expert formula. The scientists wanted to ensure that they could accurately encapsulate the diversity of skin tones throughout the world and ensure a true-to-life match. As a result, we are proud to say that anyone can find their perfect match with Teint Idole Ultra Wear.